Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Veggie Eats: "I Can't Believe It's Vegan" Chili


Fall has finally fallen, and I'm super excited because my cooking will change from light and cool, to warm and cozy!

This dish is super easy, and my go-to on a chilly day! You can throw together all the ingredients earlier in the day, and let them marry, making the house smell yummy yummy, or make as a quick, hearty meal after a busy work day. I prefer the smell throughout the house all day, but both ways taste just as YUM!

Ingredients:

Soy chorizo from Trader Joe's
(Tempeh will work as well, if you don't have TJ's)
Diced tomatoes, 1 can
(I prefer the Fire Roasted from TJ's)
Lentils
Red Kidney beans
White kidney beans
Garbanzo beans
Garlic cloves, 3
Crushed red pepper, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Cilantro
Olive Oil, about 1/4 cup

*Amount of beans will vary based on how much/little you want to include of each type. I used one can per bean listed above.




Place the olive oil, garlic, and soy chorizo in a giant pot. Cook chorizo until it blends with the oil and garlic. Add all other ingredients and let simmer over low heat until flavors are married. Add extra spiciness as preferred. I like extra spicy, so I add a chili sauce to mine! All beans can be substituted if you prefer black or pinto.

This is such an easy go-to recipe, and even your meat-loving family and friends will enjoy...I know my guy does! You can freeze the extras for later, so don't be scared to make too much!

Eat Up! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious...I agree the fire roasted tomatoes are really good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...