Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

For the LOVE of Tea Tree Oil!


I love a good green product with multiple uses, and am constantly searching for natural, do-it-yourself remedies!

 When I recently needed a cleaner for my yoga mat to rid off all the yuckiness that gathers from dripping sweat and being transported back and forth, I found my remedy in
TEA TREE OIL!


Here are a few fun facts about my new FAV oil:

1.  Tea tree oil fights off bacteria, fungi, and viruses...hence, my use for a yoga mat cleaner!

2.  It can be applied to your skin and used to treat acne, eczema, and Athlete's Foot. Word to the wise... avoid eyes when applying to your face!

3.  The scent of tea tree oil is energizing and can lift your mood. I use tea tree oil as a morning toner, making me feel more awake, energized, and fresh!

4.  When used as a spray, tea tree oil can control mold and mustiness, preventing germs from lingering. I spray the mat cleaner on my pillow in the morning to keep germs off, and it smells like a spa when I jump in bed at night.


To Make Your Own Tea Tree Oil Disinfectant Spray, you will need:

Small spray bottle
Tea Tree Oil
Water
Essential Oil of your choice
**I used a Rosemary Lavender for an energizing, but calming scent.

Combine in spray bottle: 1 cup of water, 12-15 drops of tea tree oil, and 12-15 drops of essential oil.

If there is something that I can create or use in my own home that doesn't contain chemicals and lots of additives, then I am hooked!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT TIPS!
    I need to get a little Tea Tree in my life, stat!

    xx, V
    http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scent is primarily peppermint and the ingredients are ... I don't normally return things, but this Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo is so awful...
    Eco Harvest Tea Tree Oil

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...