We are one day away from Thanksgiving...the one day of the year it's a requirement to fill up your tummy way past it's limit, with your closest loved ones!
...Which can be a DANGER zone for anyone trying to maintain a healthy diet!
Here are a few tips on how to make it a guilt-free, family and friend filled event, with cooking, drinking, and of course, loads of EATING!
1. Start your morning with some physical activity...a run, some yoga, or a walk at the beach. Your metabolism will be running more efficiently, and your mind will be clear and relaxed to deal with any stress that may come up throughout the day.
2. Eat a nutritious breakfast, so you're not famished by the time you get to Thanksgiving dinner. If you don't have a lot of time, a banana or protein smoothie will be better than nothing.
3. Bring a healthy dish, so you know you can guarantee at least one nutrient-filled dish. I plan on making this ...and this would be a good option as well!
4. Focus on the company, and not the cheese plate! When you are more focused on catching up and having quality conversation with your loved ones, food will come in second, preventing a binge.
5. Don't be hard on yourself if you do splurge and go overboard a little bit. It's one day of the year, and you'll be back on track with your healthy ways tomorrow. You will gain more weight stressing and dwelling about the giant meal you consumed, then if you accept that this is not an everyday occurrence!
Have a healthy and happy Thanksgiving!
Have gratitude for everything you are blessed with!