Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

No-Bake Energy Bites


My sister gave me this recipe a few years ago, and I completely forgot how amazing these energy balls taste, as well as how easy they are to make! 

They are a better alternative to the packaged energy bars, which are definitely convenient, but these have no preservatives, are gluten free, dairy free, raw, and all that fun stuff. If you have kids, have them get in on the action and help you form the balls, and even do a little taste testing!

Ingredients:

Makes 15-20 energy balls.

Oatmeal, 1 cup
Almond butter, 1 cup
Agave, 1/3 cup
Raw unsweetened coconut flakes, 1 cup
Chia seeds, 1/2 cup
Mini dark chocolate chips, 1/2 cup
Vanilla, 1 teaspoon

Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. Let mixture chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Wet hands with water and form mixture into balls. Store in an airtight container up to one week.

I recommend doubling this recipe if you have fans of these energy bites. The day after I made these, I peeked in the refrigerator, and there were only about five left...looks like my guy approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...