Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Veggie Eats: Caramelized Cauliflower



As a veggie loving gal, I am ashamed to admit that cauliflower is not my favorite. I hardly ever buy it at the market, push it aside when it comes with a dish, much less cook with it.

Well...after a yummy dream-worthy version of caramelized cauliflower at Lazy Ox Canteen in Los Angeles, I had to attempt my own caramelized version of this fluffy cloud-looking veggie, and I think I've found a new dish for the weekly rotation!

What you Need:

Cauliflower, 2-3 heads
Olive oil, 1/2 cup
Crushed red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon, Juice of 2
Black pepper, to taste
Nutritional Yeast, optional, 1 Tablespoon

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and remove cauliflower from it's stock. Place in a large bowl, and add olive oil, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, juice of one lemon, a few grinds of black pepper, and nutritional yeast. Using tongs or clean hands, marry all ingredients.

Spread cauliflower mixture onto a large cookie sheet, and cook for 10 minutes in heated oven. Remove pan after 10 minutes, turn cauliflower, add juice of second lemon, and bake for 10-20 more minutes, depending on how browned you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...