Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Special Delivery: Fruits & Veggies



I received my first shipment of organic fruits and veggies this week from Farm Fresh To You, and let me tell you, it was like Christmas! I have never been more excited to receive a package on my doorstep!

Farm Fresh To You is a fruit and vegetable delivery service that brings organic, in-season, and LOCAL produce right to your doorstep. You can choose the items you DON'T want, and your delivery for the week will depend on what the farms have ready for pickin'! There are lots of varieties of boxes you can receive, such as veggies only, or fruit and veggie mixes. This week was blood oranges, Nantes carrots, butternut squash, red potatoes, and Hass avocadoes!

I decided to try it out so that I can incorporate more in-season produce into my diet, as well as challenge myself to try new recipes with fruits and vegetables that I wouldn't normally pick up at the market, like this romanesco...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...